WHEN SHOULD YOU OR SOMEONE YOU KNOW CONTACT EIS???
- You just have TOO MUCH STUFF!!! Do you live in fear the super will enter your apartment? Has it been a long time since anyone has visited you in your apartment? Has your landlord complained about your stuff? If you answered YES to any of these questions, the Space Organization Resource Tools (SORT) program at EIS can help!
- You keep getting letters from your landlord or maybe you’re even in Housing Court? Schedule an appointment to come to EIS’ Housing Legal Clinic-you’ll get a FREE individual consult with an experienced Housing Court Attorney.
- Find yourself in Housing Court without legal representation? An EIS HOUSING COURT BUDDY is not an attorney but s/he can help you navigate the Court process.
- Your rent is just “TOO DAMN HIGH”!!! EIS can’t lower your rent but one of our Housing Advocates can help you figure out your options and what to do next. Call EIS’ Housing Help Hotline and speak to one of our Housing Advocates. -check the link to the website AM I RENT STABILIZED on our Housing Advocacy page if you think your landlord might be overcharging you on rent!
- You’re not sure IF you can have a room-mate, leave town for a few weeks and not be bothered about primary residence, or take-over your grandmother’s lease?! Call the EIS Housing Help Hotline-one of our housing advocates will help or refer you to our Housing Legal Clinic.
Contact us at: (212) 308-2210 or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
EIS Housing Resource Center: A New Yorker’s Resource for Tenant Rights and Responsibilities!
- TD Bank Honored Community Organizations. Congresswoman Carolyn Maloney joined with TD Bank officials to honor community organizations for their outstanding services throughout the city. EIS Housing Resource Center was recognized for providing essential services and received a Community Service Grant from TD Bank. EIS Executive Director, Audrey Tannen,represented at EIS at the ceremony.
ONGOING CALENDAR ACTIVITIES
Please call (212) 308-2210 or email EIS at email@example.com or at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment.
EIS PROGRAM CALENDAR:
First Monday of every month:
5:30- 7:00pm : SORT Support Group/Workshop for those struggling with clutter and hoarding
2:30pm-5pm Housing Legal Clinic
Every Wednesday: 10am-1pm Benefits Entitlement Counseling
10am-1pm Housing Court Buddy Intake Sessions (for those representing themselves in Housing Court)
Third Wednesday of every month (starting in March 2017).
3-4:00pm : Simple Living Group for SORT participants.